Union County Animal Control, Union County, IL

Click here to edit subtitle

Certified Architect NEEDED!!

We are moving foreward with getting our new facillity!!! UCAC is seeking a certified architect to assist in plans of the new facillity. Must be certified and licensed in the State of Illinois. Plans must be to Illinois and Union County Specifications. We are hoping someone will be willing to volunteer their services.

Also looking for someone centrally located in Union County to give a reasonable price towards apx. 5 acres of land for the new Union County Animal Control. Land needs to be out of city limits and needs access to roads and utilities.

If you can help with either request please call or email UCAC (618) 833-4915 and leave a message or email ucac2011@yahoo.com
Thank You!

ACO Derk Wright and ACO Brandi Wheeler
and The Rescue Me UCAC Team

Lets Raise The Woof!!!

Follow us on Facebook

We are looking for cat rescues!!! 

We are in need of cat rescue!! We have kitten season fast approaching and we are hoping to have some rescues who are whiling to take in the kittens along with mom. If you are a license rescue and take cats please send us a copy of your license to have on hand so we can work everything out before they come in.  

New Law in effect as of Jan 1

As of January 1, 2014 there is a new law about dogs who are tethered out. The tethered has to be at least 10 feet long from the tie. 

Code of Animal Ordinances of Union County Illinois

Please note... there is a county wide leash ordinance and boarding fees for keeping dog or cat unclaimed at UCAC is now $10.00 per day. To find out more codes click the paw prints below.

Wanting to Foster?  Not sure what "Fostering" means?

 Fostering means that you would take an animal into your home and care for that animal until it finds rescue or adoption. 

Don't have the money to vet an animal? No worries animal control covers that! They even have their own vet they use so all you would have to do is bring the animal back to animal control when that animal needs to see the vet. 

Don't have the money for food? No worries there either animal control can cover that too. The only thing they are asking from you is your time, home and love. 

Don't want to foster puppies or kittens? That's fine we have adults who need fosters too. 

To foster fill out an application below. Your foster permit only runs $25 and that is good until the end of June 2015. So don't wait get your application in 

Foster permit application 

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible
Oops. An error occurred.
Click here to try again.

Please wait to hear from animal control before sending your $25 in for your foster permit. Check can be mailed in to animal control.Please make check out to IL Department of Ag with "foster permit" in the memo. 

Get Directions!

385 Kaolin Rd., Cobden, IL 62920